PICOTEAM is a network-organisation with nodes in Africa, Latin America and Europe
that supports efforts to bring about change and innovations for sustainable development.
4. Approaches and methods for effective and integrated research for development
Transformation of research requires new approaches for the way of ‘doing business’ at client level and at organisational level. Effective, impact-driven research is systemic and integrated in nature and depends on intensive interaction among stakeholders with their functions and roles in order to ‘learn to play together’ so that innovations can be successfully contribute to development.
PICOTEAM members have more than 15 years of experience in approach development and implementing multi-stakeholder research approaches with great success in a variety of countries and contexts. We have supported research organisations and projects/programmes in the development of approaches and methodologies for IAR4D (integrated agricultural research for development) through:
- Design and implementation of action research projects and processes to develop the ‘new way of doing business’ together with the clients
- Conceptualisation of experiences (systematisation through experiential concept development) and lessons learnt in interventions and developing them as full-fledged approaches
- Facilitation of innovation platforms and multi-stakeholder platforms
- Development of resource materials and joint publications on successful approaches and methodologies
- Connecting clients to other initiatives and knowledge through networking support and exposure-learning
- Proposal development for action research projects