PICOTEAM is a network-organisation with nodes in Africa, Latin America and Europe
that supports efforts to bring about change and innovations for sustainable development.
|Sustainable Management and Protection of the Natural Resources in two Watersheds
|03.2007 - ongoing
|Country / Region
|• Strengthening of Service Provider Organisations
• Local Organisational Development of Farmer Organisations and Local Communities
• Strengthening Local Governments in watershed management issues
• Local Economic Development in the agricultural / forestry sector
• Value chains: Promotion of product quality and processing facilities
• Supporting farmer organisations in getting access to markets
• Entrepreneurial and organisational support in the creation of a trade organisations
|The project is part of the GTZ programme PROGEREN. It contributes to guaranteeing the long term water supply, with support from the State and civil society through sustainable management of watersheds and buffer zones of strategically important protected areas.
Our team supports local governments, communities, as well as civil society organisations in sustainable management of natural resources.
Furthermore, it supports the development of improved co-management models and alternative production methods in the buffer zones of protected areas and in the watersheds of the Rio Yaque del Norte and the Rio Artibonito.
The project also contributes to the sustainable local economic development of specific value chains:
• Organic coffee
• Forestry in forest plantations and natural forests
• Ecological and rural tourism
|The project is implemented through the joint venture of PICO dominicana and GFA Consulting Group
Municipalities, Central Government District Administrations local NGOs and farmer associations
|PICOTEAM members involved
|Angela Tejada, Henning Peter and 3 associated consultants (long-term)
|Links / Publications