PICOTEAM is a network-organisation with nodes in Africa, Latin America and Europe
that supports efforts to bring about change and innovations for sustainable development.
||SUPPORT OF NATIONAL EXTENSION REFORM PROGRAM
||06.2006 - 05.2009
|Country / Region
- Design, implementation and documentation of 4 training workshops for a group of extension agents of the Dominican Ministry of Agriculture.
- Facilitation of the development of a strategic action plan of a farmer association (ASOCITRICO) and elaboration of a project proposal.
- Training of a group of farmer associations regarding administration and accounting of a commercialization initiative for exporting agricultural products.
||PICOTEAM members participation in the project FISADO (Institutional Strengthening of the Agricultural Sector in Dominican Republic), embedded in the Dominican Ministry for Agriculture focused on two topics:
Over a period of nine months extension agents were trained in the following issues:
- Training of field level extension agents.
- Strengthening of farmer organisations
Extension agents have developed new competencies to perform better in the facilitation of farmer groups development processes.
- Personal Development
- Interpersonal Communication
- Facilitation of activities with farmer organisations
- Organizing Team Work
- Organisational development of Farmer organisations of second o third level
- Conflict Management
PICOTEAM also facilitated the development processes of two farmer organisations. Together with the farmer association ASOCITRICO the following results were achieved:
PICOTEAM members train a network of different farmer organisations which jointly export orange peel to Europe. The work focus is around:
- An organizational and organisational assessment of ASOCITRICO.
- A medium term development plan for the association in form of a strategic action plan. The plan is used as a practical guide for focussing the association’s activities on their main challenges.
- A project proposal for co-funding of smaller development initiatives of ASOCITRICO in the frame of the development plan. The proposal was presented to the French Embassy, has a budget of around 100.000 Euro and has been implemented since then.
- Strengthening the administration competencies of the group.
- Strengthening the accounting competencies of the group.
- Acquainting knowledge on export procedures.
- Legal incorporation of farmer organisations.
||Dominican Ministry for Agriculture, project FISADO
||AFD (French Development Agency)
|PICOTEAM members involved
||Henning Peter, Angela Tejada and 5 associated consultants
|Links / Publications
http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/france-priorities_1/development_2108/french-policy_ 2589/aid-instruments_2674/priority-solidarity-fund_3289/projects-approved-in-2001_3364/search-by-country 3365/dominican-republic_3376/institutional-support-for-the-dominican-agricultural-sector-fisado_4130.html